Sunday, June 22, 2008

Saturday Culture Tour- Matenadaran, Parajaov, and the National Gallery

Anna Shirinyan from the Republican Scientific-Medical Libraryand her daughter Eliza expanded my cultural horizons on Saturday, as we visited three cultural venues: Matenadaran: Institute of Ancient Manuscripts, the Sergey Parajanov Museum, and the National Gallery of Art of Armenia. The photograph of Anna, Eliza, and myself was taken in front of Parajanov’s installation that resembles an elephant face combined with a leather suitcase. Eliza is a modest yet competant art historian, which added to my understanding and experience. In case you were wondering about the rules for museum photography, the Matenadaran was pretty liberal with photos (I have some preservation examples for Sarah), I paid a small ticketed fee for permission to shoot liberally in the Parajaov Museum. The National Gallery says “Vooch” (no) to all photography.

No comments: